Please run through the steps below to troubleshoot issues with any brand of headset:
- Make sure the headset is set as the primary audio device on the client by either clicking or by navigating the options then select 'Audio Device' and make sure the headset is selected.
- On the Skype for Business client, perform a 'Call Quality Check' by clicking on the icon in the dial pad section , then see if you can hear audio playing. If so, when prompted, speak to the audio test service and make sure you can hear the playback.
- Make sure that the device is fully plugged into the PC/laptop and is showing lights on the headset, if not try using a different port.
- If a cordless headset is being used, make sure that the device is fully charged.
- Try doing a swap test for a known working device or try plugging in the device into another PC/laptop to see if the same issue persists.
- If using a Plantronics or Jabra devices, try installing the following applications to see if the devices are picked up (NOTE: Some devices may not be supported with the software)
- Jabra Direct - http://www.jabra.com/software-and-services/jabra-direct
- Plantronics Hub - http://www.plantronics.com/uk/product/plantronics-hub-desktop