Your entire Skype for Business conversation history in is accessible in Outlook. This is very powerful as you can search through your history just like searching through emails. There will be a folder called Conversation History in outlook which contains the entire audit trail.
- Find all conversations with a certain person by typing their name in the search box
- Find all conversations that include a certain keyword by typing the term in the search box
- Email a conversation by clicking it and then, in the Respond group of the Home tab, using the appropriate option
In Skype for Business you can see the last 30 days of conversations.
Verifying that your conversation history is being saved
To check if conversation history is available for you:
- In the Skype for Business main window, click Options > Personal.
- In the Personal information manager section, look for a check box labelled Save IM conversations in my email Conversation History folder.
- If you don’t see this check box or if it’s dimmed (not operable), this means conversation history is not available at your company or for your account.
- If the check box is there and operable but clear, conversation history is available but not turned on. To turn it on, select this check box.
- If the check box is there and selected, your conversation history is being saved.
NOTE: If you don’t want to save your conversation history, clear the Save IM conversations in my email Conversation History folder check box, and then click OK.
Viewing your conversation history
In the Skype for Business main window, and then click the Conversations tab. Your conversations are shown with the most recent at the top. Calls you’ve had are also shown in the Conversations list.
In addition to the ALL selection, you can click one of the other two tabs on the Conversations window:
- MISSED lists only your missed conversations and calls
- CALLS lists only your Skype for Business calls (completed and missed)
There’s a selection at the bottom of the window called View More in Outlook that you can use if you use Outlook. Choosing it gives you a complete history.
You can delete any conversation by right-clicking it and selecting Delete.