In Outlook, you can directly create a Skype for Business meeting and send the details to all attendees. Even if they don’t have Skype for Business they can still dial in from a standard phone and participate in the meeting.
To set up a Skype for Business (Lync) Meeting in Outlook:
- Open Outlook, and go to your calendar.
- On the Home tab, click New Skype for Business (Lync) Meeting or New Skype Meeting.
- Set up the meeting as you typically would, that is:
- In the To box, type the email address of each person you’re inviting, separated by semicolons.
- In the Subject box, type a name for the meeting.
- If you’ll have in-person attendees, either click Room Finder, in the Options ribbon of the Meeting tab, and then find a room or, in the Location box, type a meeting location, such as a conference room.
- Select a start time and end time.
- In the meeting area, type an agenda. Be careful not to change any of the Skype for Business (Lync) meeting information.
When a Skype for Business meeting is due to take place, there is an option to Join Online in the reminder window:
This will start a meeting place.
Ad hoc meetings
Ad hoc meetings can be started by clicking Meet Now at the top of the Skype for Business client.